How to Make Deviled Eggs
This tasty looking dish of Deviled Eggs showed up at a Graduation Party we went to. I have a serving platter just like it, but I didn't ever know what to put in the center part, but now I know!
How to Make Deviled Eggs
- Take the boiled and peeled eggs, and slice them lengthwise and let the yolk fall in a bowl. Put all the yolks together in a bowl, and your whites halves on a platter.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, add a little mayo, add a tiny squirt of mustard, add a smidgen of sugar, and it you want, add some pickle relish. Stir it all up.
- Fill the egg white by picking each one up and holding it, while using a teaspoon to put the filling in, then set it back down and do another, until they're all done.
- Some people sprinkle a little paprika on top. Gee, this is making me hungry.
Deviled Eggs Tip: To keep egg yolks from crumbling when slicing hard-cooked eggs wet the knife before each cut.
My Mom's Deviled Eggs
- 6 lg. hard-cooked eggs
- 4 Tblsp. mayonaise
- 2 tsp. pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
Peel the eggs using a thin bladed knife, half the eggs lengthwise. Using a spoon carefully remove the yolks leaving the whites intact and transfer the yolks to a small mixing bowl.
Using the back of a fork mash the yolks with the mayo, relish, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth and well mixed.
Using a teaspoon, carefully spoon the yolk mixture back into the hollows of the egg white halves. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Cover and refrigerate. Makes 12.
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 2/3 c. salad dressing
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt to taste
Boil eggs. Peel and cut in half and take out yolks. Mash yolks and add salad dressing. mustard, sugar, and salt.
Low calorie Deviled Eggs
- 6 warm hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Paprika, parsley
Slice eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks and mash. Add remaining ingredients, except last two, and mix until smooth. Fill egg whites with the mixture and chill. Dust with paprika and garnish with parsley. Makes 12, about 42 calories each.
Recipe from a Jan. 1974 Woman's Day magazine pullout pg 88
Boiled Eggs Tips: Add a little vinegar to the water when an egg cracks during boiling. It will help seal the egg. Rinse eggs in cold water to make the shells easier to remove.
How to Boil Eggs
- Take a small pan, put your eggs in, fill with water to cover.
- Bring to a soft boil, then turn down to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat, run pan under cold water, to cool the eggs quickly.
- Take each one out one by one and crack the shells and peel ASAP.
More Salad Recipes
- Cole Slaw - Salads made with cabbage.
- Fruit Salads - Including Jello Salads
- Macaroni Salads - A favorite summer dish.
- Mayonnaise - How to make mayonnaise.
- Potato Salads - A variety of potato salad recipes.
- Salad Dressings - Make your own salad dressings.
- Sandwich Salads - Like egg, ham, turkey, chicken or tuna salads.
- Summer Salads - Salads with different vegetables, like carrot raisin salad.
- Waldorf Salad - How to make Waldorf and other Apple Salads.