How to Make Salads for Sandwiches
This is a picture of an egg salad sandwich, in which I added some chopped leftover ham, and mayonnaise.
We eat a lot of sandwiches during the summer for some reason. I guess because they're so quick and easy to fix. We've had tuna salad several times, but mostly we have been having ham sandwiches this year. I usually serve sandwiches with some Homemade Potato Salad and chips.
I've also made Egg Salad a couple to times.
How to Make Tuna SaladTuna salad is easy to make. This is how I make it.
- Open a can of tuna, drain, put into a bowl
- Separate tuna with a fork
- Add a Tablespoon of pickle relish
- Add a little chopped onion
- Add a mashed boiled egg too if you like
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- Spread on toast or crackers and eat.
- All the ingredients are optional.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 4 boiled chopped eggs
- 5 stalks thinly sliced celery
- 1 bunch mild green onions chopped fine
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced grapes or apples to taste
Mix all together and blend in mayo or salad dressing enough to mix.
Serve on a bed of lettuce or crescent rolls.
Easy Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup diced chicken or a small can
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Mix together and serve on toast.
Optional: Diced celery, pickle relish, diced hard boiled egg.
How I Make Ham Salad
Cut some ham in small chunks, put through a grinder or food processor. Add a couple tablespoons of Mayonnaise, chop up some sweet pickles, chop some onion, stir it all up, and spread it on the bread.
Ham Salad Sandwich Filling
- 1 cup ground ham
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 Tblsp. minced onion
- 3 Tblsp. sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tblsp. prepared mustard
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate. Makes 6 sandwiches.
See the recipe: Ham Salad Sandwich Spread
I have crackers with my egg salad instead of putting it on bread. This egg salad has ground ham in it.
Easy Egg Salad
Following the peeling of your eggs put them in a bowl, and either slice them and then mash with a fork, or dice them (it depends on your tastebuds) Then just stir in a Tblsp. of mayonnaise and some pickle relish if you like. Very easy Egg Salad.
Tip: To make quick diced eggs, take your potato masher and go to work on a boiled egg, or, if you have an egg slicer, slice it one direction, and then turn the egg, and slice it again. They say that the easiest way to mash an egg is to use a fork. Start at one end and just start mashing.
More Salad recipes
- Cole Slaw Recipes
- Crab Salads
- Deviled Eggs
- Fruit and Jello Salads
- How to Make Mayonnaise
- Macaroni Salads
- Potato Salads
- Salad Dressings
- Summer Salads
- Shrimp Salads
- Waldorf Salad Recipes
Food for Thought:
"If anyone speaks evil of you, so live that none will believe it."