How to Make Spagetti Sauce Recipes
If you don't know how to cook spagetti, Just bring your pot of water to a boil, and add spagetti. 8 to 10 minutes is what it usually takes. Stir it occasionally. Drain. Serve.
On this page are easy recipes to make your own Spagetti Sauce, beginning with my own recipe.
Nonstick Spagetti: Add a teaspoon of oil to the boiling water before you put your spagetti in, and the spagetti won't stick together.
Recipe Tip: If you don't have tomato paste, use 2 small cans of tomato sauce. Plus, I always make extra sauce to use for pizza.
Save Energy: If you would like to save on your energy bill. Heat the water until boiling, add your spagetti, bring back to boiling, stir, and turn the heat off. Leave on the burner, with the lid on, and your pasta will be fully cooked in 30 minutes.
Easy Spagetti Sauce
- 1/2 lb hamburger
- 1/2 chopped onion Brown in skillet together and drain.
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic (or 1 small crushed garlic clove)
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste (Add 2 cans of water)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1 large can tomatoes
Mix altogether, Bring to a boil. Simmer 45 minutes
My Note: This is the recipe I use all the time. You can omit the hamburger easily, just saute the onion, or toss in a handful of thawed frozen meatballs. You can save leftover spagetti sauce for your chili or for a pizza, because they all have the same ingredients in them.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup raw rice
- chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 can tomato soup
In a mixing bowl stir together meat seasoned with salt and pepper, onion, egg and rice. Heat the can of tomato soup with 3 cans of water, drop molded meatballs into this. Boil hard 2 or 3 min, then simmer 1 1/2 hr.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Line a 15x10 inch sided pan with foil. Mix ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place 1/4 inch apart in pan. Bake 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees until brown and no longer pink in center. Add to your favorite spaghetti sauce. Serves 8.
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1/2 cup dry fine bread crumbs
- 1 Tblsp. chopped parsley (fresh or flakes)
- 2 Tblsp. minced onion or 1 Tblsp. onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Blend water and soup. Measure 1/4 cup of mixture into bowl and to it add remaining ingredients. Shape into 1 1/2" balls. Brown in 2 Tblsp. shortening in large electric skillet. Add remaining soup mixture. Cover, simmer over low heat 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
See the recipe: Mushroom Meatballs
Meatballs and Sauerkraut
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper to taste
Mix together and cook meatballs. Drain off excess fat, then add 1 can of tomato sauce and 1 medium can of saurkraut. Simmer about 30 minutes.
Recipe from a 1968 Evansville Indiana church cookbook
I just don't think this page would be complete without including a mention of Spagetti Squash. If you've never tried one you're missing a lot. Chances are, even if you don't like squash, you'll love eating a Spagetti Squash. It's a lot of fun to eat. You can bake it, add some butter and brown sugar, or even eat it with spagetti sauce.
Spagetti SquashPreheat the oven to 400°
- 1 spagetti squash
- Spagetti Sauce or brown sugar and butter
- salt and pepper (optional)
Cut your Spagetti Squash in half. Scrape out the seeds and strings the best you can. Lay the squash face down in a roasting pan. Add a little water. Cover with foil if you like. Bake for 1 hr.
Remove when done. Turn right side up on a plate or large bowl. Use your fork to scrape the sides. The spagetti runs the width of the squash, not the length. Eat it all up. You can also toast the seeds just like pumpkin seeds.
Toasted Seeds: Wash seeds and soak overnight in salt water. Pat dry. Spread thinly on cooky sheet and toast in a 250 oven for 2 - 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Recipe from a 1985 Booneville, IN recipebook pg 107
My Note: The next time I make Spagetti Squash, I'm going to stuff it with ground beef, onions, rice and sauce just to see how it turns out.
- 1 lb Ziti
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 16oz of tomato sauce
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, diced or shredded
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- salt and pepper
Cook macaroni as directed on package. Drain. Combine ricotta and tomato sauce. Pour over macaroni and blend.
Add diced mozzarella, salt and pepper, toss to mix. Place in casserole, cover with thin slices of mozzarella and sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Bake 15 minutes uncovered at 350 until lightly browned. Makes 6 servings.
- Meat Sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to your liking)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and black pepper
- Cheese Filling
- 3 cups ricotta cheese (regular or part-skim)
- 16 ounces grated mozzarella cheese, divided (regular or part-skim)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Meat Sauce Instructions:
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add beef, season with salt and pepper, then brown. Stir in basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cheese Filling Instructions:
In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, 2/3 of the mozzarella, egg, and black pepper. Mix well.
Put it together:
-Pour 1 cup of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch lasagna pan.
-Arrange 4 UNCOOKED lasagna noodles on top of sauce, overlapping noodles slightly to cover the bottom.
-Spoon half of the cheese mixture over noodles.
-Cover cheese mixture with 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce and 4 more noodles.
-Top second layer of noodles with remaining cheese mixture, 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce and 4 more noodles.
-Top noodles with 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Top with Parmesan cheese.
-Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes, until top is golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Ground Beef Pages
- Easy Beef Stew Recipes - Easy to make, my own recipe included.
- Easy Casserole Recipes - Recipes for casseroles are here.
- Easy Chili Recipes - Recipes for chili, I prefer it not hot!
- Ground Beef Recipes - Stuffed peppers and more.
- Sweet and Sour Dishes - Sweet and Sour rice dishes.
- Easy Rice Dishes Recipes - Easy casseroles for rice.
- KrautBurgers - Krautburgers are like stuffed buns.
- Meat Pies Recipes - Original recipe for meatpies, like hot pockets.
- Meatloaf Recipes - From basic to fancy meatloaf.
- Taco Recipes - Every recipe I could find using taco seasoning.
Food for Thought:
"He who goes out of his house in search of happiness, runs after a shadow."