How to Make Fondue
Recipes for a Fondue Party
A fondue party can create so much fun. It is perfect for teens, small informal dinner parties, and cookouts. All you need is the ingredients and the guests. Allow the guests the fun of preparing their own meal at the table; each diner becomes his own chef.
Be sure to warn guests that the fondue forks become very hot and advise them to transfer the cooked food to a dinner fork, dipping into sauces.
In planning a fondue party, give free rein to your imagination. Serve a tossed green salad, crunchy dinner rolls, and a simple dessert of fresh fruit and cheese.
Below are some Fondue recipes we were fond of growing up with. First you need a fondue pot.
For awhile I saw many in the thrift stores, but now Fondue is becoming popular again. So dig your fondue pot out of the attic, for some Fondue party fun.
Cheese Fondue - Makes 4 cups
- 1 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 8 ounces of Swiss Cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 10 ounce cans condensed Cheddar Cheese soup.
- French bread or whole wheat bread, cubed.
Heat wine and garlic in a saucepan or fondue pot until simmering. Combine cheese and flour. Gradually blend into wine. Heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Blend in soup. Heat, stirring until smooth. Dip bread into fondue.
Types of Foods to FondueServe with assorted sauces
- Beef Tenderloin Cubes
- Fresh whole mushrooms
- Cooked Shrimp
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green Pepper wedges
- Ham Pieces
- Small whole onions
- Potato cubes
- Pineapple chunks
- 6 - 3 oz bars of Baker's sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/4 cup kirsch or brandy
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee - not freeze dried coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a fondue pot or heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate in the cream. Add remaining ingredients and stir. To serve, provide small plates, long handled forks, and generous helpings of whole strawberries, pecan halves, banana slices, orange sections or a pound cake cut into cubes.
- 1 large clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 c. Chablis or other dry white wine
- 1 can Campbell's Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 lb. natural Swiss cheese, cubed or shredded
- 3 Tblsp. cornstarch
- French or Italian bread cubes
Rub inside of Fondue pot or saucepan with cut edge of garlic, then discard. In fondue pot, simmer wine. Blend in soup. Combine cheese and cornstarch; stir into soup mixture. Heat until cheese melts; stir now and then. Spear bread with fondue fork and dip into fondue. Makes about 4 cups.
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 3oz can mushrooms, drained and minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Dissolve bouillon in the water. Stir flour into the butter. Add bouillon and stir while cooking until thick and bubbly. Add sour cream, mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce. Season to taste. Serve while hot.
More Party recipes
- How to set a Buffet Table
- Finger Sandwiches - Canapes and appetizers for your party.
- Party Appetizers - Favorite appetizers to make for the holidays.
- Cheese Ball Recipes - Easy to make for your party
- Holiday Chex Mix Snacks - All the recipes you can think of for Chex Mix.
- Crispix Snack Mix - Puppy Chow and other things to make with Crispix.
- Party Popcorn - Varieties of popcorn, snacks
- Refrigerator Biscuit Recipes - Fast cooking for quick eating
Start with a heart full of love. Add warm friendship spiced with laughter and merriment. Season with joyful greetings and serve with loads of good cheer.
Wrap your homemade candies in colorful plastic wrap and tie with festive ribbons. You might even want to add beaded eyes or a felt nose to the wrapper. And don`t forget to package your edible gift with an ornament or even attach the recipe.
Holiday Gift Bags
For an easy homemade Christmas gift, make some Chex Party Mix or Crispix Mix and give out as gifts to co workers. Put in cute decorative holiday bags wrapped with curling ribbon. Everybody loves them!
Easy Christmas Crafts
Here's a page to start making some easy Christmas Crafts. Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids and Homemade Christmas Ornaments